The goal of the Business Insights & Analytics Leadership Development Program (BI&A LDP) internship is to attract and develop self-motivated individuals who are highly skilled and passionate about a career in analytics while providing a foundation for future success within the organization. As a BI&A LDP intern, you will be exposed to a challenging professional work experience in business insights & analytics community with planned activities giving you insight into business, analytics, and the many data career options at Travelers. With many company-wide events such as Intern Symposium and community outreach events, you will have the opportunity to interact and network with many levels of leadership and management. You will be expected to work together with fellow interns to develop and present solutions to relevant business and analytics topics.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- You’ll utilize Travelers largest competitive edge – its data, in drawing meaningful business insights to enhance our business results. This community works within traditional areas of business insights & analytics and emerging capabilities within artificial intelligence, big data, and social media/consumer/text analytics. Our interns work with key stakeholders in our business to identify challenges and create actionable solutions using a blend of business and technical skills. Be prepared to work with relational databases, reporting systems, discovery tools, or pilot new proofs of concept.
- Your internship could be placed in one of five different areas: information delivery, data engineering, business analysis, data management or business performance analytics.
- This role works with business customers to determine how location intelligence data and analytic solutions can be leveraged to provide business insights for business strategies, capabilities, and processes.
- Obtained or pursuing a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) bachelor’s or master’s degree required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States now and in the future.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Related internship/data work experience.
- SQL experience strongly preferred, experience with dashboarding, scorecard, or reporting tools a plus.
- SAS and/or Python literacy.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Accountability: Strong track record of taking ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance, and results.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Demonstrated aptitude in identifying current or future problems or opportunities, analyzing data, synthesizing and comparing information to understand issues, identifying cause/effect relationships and exploring alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Change Management/Resilience: Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Customer Focus: Proven customer service skills with the ability to provide service excellence to internal or external clients.
- Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrated track record of self and social awareness, empathy and balances confidence with humility.
- Interpersonal: Excellent communication skills with the ability to actively engage with others while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Judgment/Decision Making: Capability of exercising sound judgment, making decisions and committing to a position.
- Leveraging Differences: Proven capacity to works with and include people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and view those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Relationship Management: Strong relationship management skills including the ability to seek out, build, foster and maintain productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Teamwork: Ability to work together in situations when actions are interdependent, and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Work Ethic: Possession of a strong drive to do what it takes to get the job done; inquisitive and demonstrates a strong willingness to learn.