The intent of this position is to provide our 2020 Travelers Summer Interns and Summer Students the ability to apply to our 2021 [Program Name] Full-time (or Intern) opportunities. Applications outside of this audience will not be considered at this time. However, for additional positions posted at a later date we encourage anyone who was not a Summer Intern or Summer Student between June 2020-August 2020 to apply at that time.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for: Conducting the requisite analyses, with emphasis on building predictive models and project support. Providing technical and quantitative support for a predictive modeling function that contributes to a business, product or service. Service as a subject matter expert in one or more of the following: Advance Statistical analysis. Actuarial and/or research methods.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Gain knowledge about the insurance business and acquire advanced analytical experience working with key business areas.
- Work in a collaborative and dynamic work environment providing recommendations to management on projects that deal with advanced analytical related concepts.
- Designing and building statistical models, analyses at the right level of complexity to produce relevant results for the business.
- Identifying, integrating and structuring complex data flows.
- Identifying new opportunities for analytic solutions.
- Validate, manipulate and perform data analysis tasks.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative data support to ensure accuracy of metrics.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Graduate students – MS or Ph.D – in the fields of Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science.
- Related internships/work experience helpful.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and statistical programming languages. (e.g. R, SAS, or Python).
- Extra-curricular involvement on campus or in the community.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated analytical, mathematical, communication, & leadership skills.