Under limited direction, this position is responsible for: Conduct the requisite analyses, with emphasis on building predictive models and project support. Provide technical and quantitative support for a predictive modeling function that contributes to a business, product or service. Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more of the following: Advanced Statistical analysis. Actuarial and/or research methods. Business knowledge. Line of Business knowledge.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of advanced statistical analyses including data mining and actuarial research techniques.
- Analyze/interpret data, draw business inferences, develop reports and articulate findings for target audience.
- Participate in or responsible for routine research projects, and/or supporting analyses on a number of different projects simultaneously.
- Present analysis and recommendations to target audience.
- Proactively stay abreast of industry, developments, changing trends and jurisdictional issues.
- Attend various seminars and conference as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Technology) degree and 1 year experience or Bachelor’s STEM degree with 3 years experience required.
- Basic working knowledge of modeling/research/analytics or actuarial required.
- Relevant statistical analysis work experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Masters degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, finance, actuarial science, computer science or equivalent with 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Relevant work experience in research and/or advanced analytic work (e.g. predictive modeling) preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Leading the Business:
- Problem Solving & Decision Making.
- Leading Others:
- Forging Synergy.
- Communicating Effectively.
- Leveraging Differences.
- Building & Mending Relationships.
- Participative Management.
- Leading Self:
- Openness to Influence.
- Seeks Opportunities to Learn.
- Leadership Stature.
- Business Acumen:
- Understanding and knowledge of key business knowledge areas (e.g., product, enterprise, industry, claim process and competitors) that enable project work.
- Critical Thinking:
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; ability to use reason; review facts, identify inconsistencies and weigh options; ability to make logical and timely decisions that address the right issues.
- Ability to develop intermediate models and interpret model results.
- Understanding of intermediate statistics underlying data models; ability to apply new statistical procedures to work.
- Computer Proficiency:
- Ability to read/revise/review a statistical software program (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS.
- Ability to create intermediate programs from scratch.
- Demonstrates intermediate ability and knowledge of database principles, data profiling, statistics and data modeling and can apply this knowledge in the full range of typical situations with minimal or no guidance.
- Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.