As a Product Management Development Program Intern, you will play an integral role in the Product Management organization of Travelers’ Personal Insurance or Select Small Commercial. Our Product Management area is the fastest growing section of Travelers and provides interns with the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of fast-paced projects and training.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
PMDP internships are designed to be challenging and developmental. Interns are given the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects during the course of the summer. Some examples of these projects include:
- A group capstone project, which is a summer-long project that culminates with a final presentation to senior management and other members of our Personal Insurance and Select Small Commercial businesses.
- Quantifying the impact of pricing and underwriting decisions.
- Analyzing the marketplace first-hand through competitor and industry data.
- Participating in the negotiation of pricing decisions with various distribution channels, including conversations with sales/agencies in the field.
- Researching and analyzing industry trends, competitor activity and regulatory changes.
- Developing and implementing underwriting guidelines and product coverage enhancements.
- Collaborating with Finance, Actuarial, Field Sales, Research and Development, Risk Management, Claim, and other areas of the Product Management Organization.
- Participating in introductions of new products and enhancements to multi-site territories.
- You must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
Travelers is a business leader in providing products and services to a variety of clients. Consistently meeting customer needs gives us the edge in the insurance and financial industry. To maintain that edge, we prefer candidates with the following qualifications:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred
- Involvement in extracurricular activities is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Office and Access is a plus
- Work availability from early June through August (10-12 weeks)
- Legally eligible to work in the United States on a permanent full-time basis
- Suggested majors: Finance, Economics, Actuarial Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Risk Management and Insurance, Engineering and other Business-related Majors
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably, and exhibit the ability to drill down on information and draw conclusions