At Travelers, the Human Resources function shapes the workforce and the workplace to drive superior business performance. We do this by focusing on the employee experience, diversity & inclusion, leader capability and human capital investments. The goal of the Human Resources Leadership Development Program (HRLDP) internship is to attract and develop self-motivated individuals who are highly skilled and passionate about a career in human resources while providing a foundation for future success within the organization. As a HRLDP intern, you will be exposed to a challenging professional work experience with planned activities giving you insight into business, HR, and the many career options at Travelers. With many company-wide events such as Intern Symposium and community outreach events, you will have the opportunity to interact and network with many levels of leadership and management.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
The internship offers a human resources and business development curriculum with a specific alignment to one of the following areas:
- Employee Relations
- Talent Acquisition
- HR Generalist
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Learning & Development
- Workforce Analytics
- Business Capabilities
- HR Operations
As a member of one of these teams, you will be provided with project-based work assignments with defined deliverables while also working together with fellow interns to develop and present solutions to relevant business and human resource topics.
- Obtained or pursuing a Human Resources or related bachelor’s or master’s degree required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States now and in the future.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Accountability: Strong track record of taking ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance, and results.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Demonstrated aptitude in identifying current or future problems or opportunities, analyzing data, synthesizing and comparing information to understand issues, identifying cause/effect relationships and exploring alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Change Management/Resilience: Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Customer Focus: Proven customer service skills with the ability to provide service excellence to internal or external clients.
- Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrated track record of self and social awareness, empathy and balances confidence with humility.
- Interpersonal: Excellent communication skills with the ability to actively engage with others while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Judgment/Decision Making: Capability of exercising sound judgment, making decisions and committing to a position.
- Leveraging Differences: Proven capacity to works with and include people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and view those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Relationship Management: Strong relationship management skills including the ability to seek out, build, foster and maintain productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Teamwork: Ability to work together in situations when actions are interdependent, and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Work Ethic: Possession of a strong drive to do what it takes to get the job done; inquisitive and demonstrates a strong willingness to learn.