Start date: June 7th, 2021
End date: August 13th, 2021
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
• Projects that contribute to the success of our business
• Community service initiatives
• Mentorship and networking opportunities
• Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
What this business area supports
The Finance Internship is targeted toward students interested in developing a corporate view and learning about functions within the Finance organization of a top Fortune company. Finance Summer Associates are placed into a summer role that may focus on financial analytics, systems, processes, or other areas. This internship serves as an entry point into the Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP), which is a three-year rotational experience designed to develop high-potential finance talent into future finance leaders at Aetna.
Finance areas include:
• Enterprise Planning and Analysis
• Internal Audit
• Business Unit Finance
• Financial Systems
• Medical Economics
• And more
What you will do
The Finance Internship is a ten-week program that provides high-potential students with an opportunity to gain exposure to CVS Health’s Finance organization, develop their financial acumen, and obtain knowledge of the health care industry. In addition to their assigned summer role and company-wide activities, Finance Summer Associates will engage in the following activities:
• Finance onboarding and training
• Networking with Finance leadership
• Mentorship from Finance Leadership Program participants
• Finance leadership speaker series
• Build lasting relationships across our organization
• Knowledge of and experience with analytical and technical programs such as Microsoft Excel and/or other finance-related software systems
• Commitment to our core values: Integrity, accountability, collaboration, caring and innovation
• Have a willingness to relocate
• Have related experience in Accounting, and/or Finance fields
• Possess demonstrated leadership via school clubs, other organizations, volunteer work, etc
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
• Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
• Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
• Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health
• You should currently be pursuing an Bachelor’s degree
• Majoring in the following related degrees: Business, preferably in Finance or Accounting. Other quantitative majors such as Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or Economics will be considered.
• Have a 3.0+ cumulative GPA
• Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2021 - August 2022
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.