Start Date: January or June 2021
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
• Projects that contribute to the success of our business
• Community service initiatives
• Mentorship and networking opportunities
• Interaction with senior leaders
The Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is a three-year rotational experience designed to develop high-potential finance talent into future finance leaders at CVS Health. The program is a premier entry point into CVS Health’s Finance career pipeline by providing exposure to key finance areas thorough rotational opportunities in such organizations as:
• Business Finance
• Corporate Finance
• Internal Audit
• Corporate Development
• Risk Management
• Procurement and more
As part of the FLDP, you will progress through three rotations, which includes completing one mandatory rotation in either controllers or audit to prepare you for future leadership roles. You will be challenged to demonstrate your adaptability and agility by working in varied rotations across the finance organization in Hartford, CT; Cumberland, RI; or other CVS Health US locations. In addition to gaining well-rounded professional experience and exposure to key business lines, you will engage in development and leadership activities including:
• Immersive Onboarding
• Ongoing training aligned with leadership competencies
• Formal Finance mentorship program
• Team building events
• Community partnership initiatives
• Leadership on program committees
• Program support for CMA or CPA, and possibly other related finance certifications
Graduates of the program are accepted into experienced roles across the organization and join the esteemed FLDP Alumni network.
• Knowledge of and experience with analytical and technical programs such as Microsoft Excel and finance-related software systems
• Ability and willingness to relocate nationally for rotations in Cumberland, RI and Hartford, CT; as well as opportunities for individual rotations in other US locations such as Phoenix, AZ; Northbrook, IL; Franklin, TN; and more
• Commitment to our core values: Integrity, accountability, collaboration, caring and innovation
• Have related work experience (internship or business experience) in finance or accounting. Health care industry experience is helpful but not required
• Possess strong technical skills with reporting, database and visualization tools such as Excel, VBA, Access, Alteryx, Tableau
• Have demonstrated leadership via school clubs, volunteer work, other organizations
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
• Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
• Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
• Have an interest in building a long-term career within CVS Health Finance
• You should currently be pursuing an Bachelor’s degree
• Majoring in the following related degrees: Finance or Accounting. Other quantitative majors such as Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or Economics will also be considered.
• Have a 3.0+ cumulative GPA
• Have a graduation date between Dec 2019 to June 2021
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.