Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Director of Training for our corporate office in Houston,TX.
The Director of Training is responsible for the development and implementation of training programs to support the Foundation’s strategic objectives for all staff and assess needs to drive training initiatives. This position will build and administer a comprehensive training program to improve organizational and individual performance with an emphasis on quality and service to achieve our mission.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8a - 5p
- Manage delivery of blended training solutions and training sessions such as new hire training, new manager training, Cenikor cultural training, ongoing BHT training and other training programs.
- Conduct training and development needs assessment on a regular basis to identify training opportunities and gaps based on data analysis. Work closely with leadership and HR to identify training areas needed.
- Propose training and development programs and objectives.
- Design, deliver, evaluate and manage training process and solutions for the Foundation in areas identified and approved for implementation utilizing a variety of media.
- 5Set metrics to demonstrate training program effectiveness and conduct follow-up of all completed training to evaluate and measure results. Modify programs as needed to obtain desired outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate the return on investment at regular intervals and report to leadership council.
- Develop and monitor spending against departmental budget.
- Train and coach managers, supervisors and others stakeholders/supporters of staff performance and development efforts.
- Plan, organize, facilitate and order supplies for employee development and training events.
- Develop and maintain organizational communications such as internal dashboard to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Work effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as assigned in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of team members in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in work performance management, talent management and change management.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, needs assessment tools, instructional design methods, blended learning strategies, and pre-post training assessment tools.
- Ability to use data/learning analytics to determine effectiveness of training programs.
- High attention to detail and excellent organization skills required.
- Possess good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Certified APTD or CPLP preferred
- Two years’ experience in design and administration of training, orientation and/or project management required.
- Two years’ management or supervisory experience; well-developed leadership, management, communication and coaching skills required.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of organizational training and development programs
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER