Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Senior Azure Cloud and Security Engineer to join its Information Technology team. The Senior Azure Cloud and Security Engineer will primarily be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting all components of PhRMA’s Azure and auxiliary Office 365 environment. This role will serve as the subject matter expert for Office 365 and Azure.
The Senior Azure Cloud and Security Engineer:
- Demonstrates knowledge of modern enterprise architectures, identity and authentication services, as well as security and compliance topics as they pertain to cloud infrastructure.
- Exhibits strategic and technical experience focused on driving adoption of Microsoft cloud technologies available in Azure Public Cloud and Office 365.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of key end-user scenarios and technical architecture for Azure & Office 365. This individual actively participates in projects to provide technical guidance on Microsoft Cloud offerings and capabilities as appropriate.
- Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve the enterprise’s architecture needs and support of department standards.
- Performs ongoing administration and account maintenance of the Office 365 tenant, reflecting the ability to solve problems quickly, develop workflow and processes for operation teams, and automate processes through writing and maintaining custom PowerShell scripts to remediate any open issues.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive and action-oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service. Key success factors for this role include a strong team and collaborative focus, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non‐technical colleagues. PhRMA operates a mixed Windows and Mac workstation environment with a focus on utilizing cloud technologies where feasible.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Seven or more years of experience in an infrastructure and or systems role
- Strong knowledge of networks, operating systems, system monitoring, security and technology infrastructure
- Familiar with operating under and implementing a zero-trust model.
- A thorough understanding of operating in a hybrid identity model - Active Directory and Azure Active Directory (experience migrating to cloud identity a plus)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Cloud technologies, including:
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune
- Azure Identity and Access Management
- Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Azure AD Identity Protection (risk policies)
- Password protection
- Security & Compliance Center
- Familiarity with email security gateways (Proofpoint preferred), DKIM/DMARC/SPF, anti-spam, anti-phishing, anti-spoofing, message tracking and message delivery troubleshooting
- Familiarity with the purpose and functionality of the Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) family of products (Microsoft Cloud App Security preferred)
- Knowledge and experience supporting Azure Resource Manager IaaS virtual machines, virtual networks, gateways and routing.
- Understanding of vulnerability assessment, prioritization and remediation.
- Understanding of next-gen antivirus, advanced persistent threats, threat actors, campaigns
- Experience with Enterprise Applications, Application Registrations, SSO (IDP/SP), SAML, SSL certificates, Azure AD Connect (and its associated user sign in methods)
- Understanding of Conditional Access signals, custom controls and compliance evaluation.
- Knowledge of implementing and managing Azure Rights Management Services and Information Rights Management policies inclusive of Azure Information Protection labels and conditions, templates, AIP scanner, RMS connector, tenant keys, integrating AIP with Microsoft Online Services.
- Experience with data governance and retention (Retention policies/tags, data governance reports and dashboards, information holds, managing inactive mailboxes)
- Experience with Search and investigation (content search and eDiscovery)
- Familiarity with Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Experience with utilizing OOBE tools to report on tenant activity as well as using this data to make recommended security changes to the environment (native auditing, Secure Score, Azure Security Center, alert policies in the Security and Compliance Center)
- Experience with data privacy and compliance frameworks (ISO/IEC 27001 a plus)
- Microsoft Certifications, such as Office 365 MCSA, MCSE; Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Azure Administrator, Azure Security Engineer, Solutions Architect or equivalent.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $900 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $79.6 billion in 2018 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.