EA’s Marcom Strategy is the team responsible for defining the strategies that underpin our marketing campaigns. We are a global group of strategists, creative directors and copy writers that create and guide campaigns from inception to execution. This program is designed to show you how we create the foundations for breakthrough marketing, using both analytical and creative skills to relentlessly chase the next human insight that can lead to a great marketing idea.
In this role, you will assist strategists working across the EA Games portfolio (including, but not limited to: The Sims, Apex Legends, and the EA mobile game portfolio), to develop insights and strategic ideas that feed into the creative briefs for our teams. This will require cross team collaboration, and you will interact with people working across product, creative, and media to help define integrated, omni-channel marketing plans. At the completion of the internship, you will develop and share a presentation that encapsulates your impact on the team and the best insights you’ve found through your experience.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Detective work. You’ll be hunting down the most relevant findings and insights to help solve our marketing challenges. This includes conducting competitive analyses of our games, understanding key media habits and psychological behaviors of our audiences, and unearthing emerging cultural trends.
- Strategic storytelling. You’ll need to prioritize and sharply distill your insights to give our creative teams a strategic jumping off point for their creative ideas. This involves crafting and sharing clear strategic narratives that outline what we’re trying to solve, who we’re addressing, and how we best think we can shift the behavior of that audience.
- Cross-team collaboration. As you develop and define our strategies, you’ll also need to work closely with our product, media, and creatives teams to understand their key needs and how to support them. This involves collecting input and feedback from key stakeholders, assisting in the creation of campaign rollout plans, and providing tactical thought starters to creative teams.
Who you are:
- You are keenly interested to learn about games across all genres, and eager to immerse yourself in unfamiliar subcultures and human behaviors. If there’s an open question, you’re relentless in the pursuit of the answer.
- You can place yourself into the mindset of different players of all types to unearth relevant insights and prioritize marketing ideas. You also consider and evaluate marketing ideas from different viewpoints within the company, understanding the key needs of different stakeholders.
- A storyteller. You enjoy telling stories, simply and clearly. Your narratives clearly explain why you think a strategy is the right one, and how the opportunity can best be activated.
- Ambitiously adaptable. You’re not thrown off by change – you see it as an opportunity. As our games, timelines, players, and budgets evolve over the course of a project, you enthusiastically embrace how change can help progress our strategies.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.