The NBCUniversal Fellowship Program supports the NBCUniversal commitment to attract, develop and retain the best early career diverse talent in the media industry. The Summer Fellowship Intern program aims to offer diverse or underrepresented rising college Seniors an opportunity to learn and contribute at NBCUniversal during the summer of 2020.
Fellows will have the opportunity to work in a business that is part of NBCU’s diverse and exciting portfolio, such as NBC Entertainment, NBC Sports, NBC News Groups or Corporate Functions. Candidates should have a career interest in media and be excited about the opportunity to explore the broad NBCUniversal portfolio. While we can ensure Fellows will receive work experience relevant to their background and interests, placement within a particular NBCUniversal division or business unit is not guaranteed. Ideal candidates will have a career interest in media, a demonstrated commitment to diversity in their school or community and strong leadership and communication skills.
The program will be held during the summer only (June – August 2020). Internships may be located within NY, NJ or CT (Tri-State Area). The Summer Fellow cohort will participate in a 10 week paid internship opportunity, while also attending exclusive professional development and networking opportunities with NBCU leadership. The cohort experience and opportunities for mentorship will also contribute to the professional growth of each Summer Fellow. After completion of the program, Summer Fellows will have unique and tailored opportunities to further engage with NBCUniversal in regards to full-time job placement.
NBCUniversal will provide housing assistance for Summer Fellows who reside outside of a 50 mile radius from our New York City headquarters. If candidates are not selected for the Fellowship Program, they are still encouraged to apply to other NBCUniversal internship opportunities.
- Must be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelors, or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and must be able to provide documentation to confirm.
- Class standing of rising Senior or above (must be receiving degree within one year of Fellowship Program completion)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above at time of application
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must complete application
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion at school or in their community
- Previous internship experience in any field
- Relevant media studies coursework or involvement on-campus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills